Monday, January 23, 2012

Cities

Why did we pick the city we picked? I feel like this is something that can be seriously rethought in the NFL. Luckily, we do not have the burden of loyalty to a pre-existing city when we select our cities.
I for one picked DC. I am going to use the existing stadium. I think this is a perfect city because there is draw not only from the city itself which ranks in the top 7 for US populated cities, but there are also people who live in neighboring cities and states who come into DC daily and who will also support that franchise. This has proven to be a reliable sports city who continues to get behind their franchises despite consistently losing records.

Why did you all choose your city and where will you put the stadium etc if you so choose to take that path?

5 comments:

  1. I chose Chicago since I used to live there and it has a huge sports market. My location is south Jackson Park on Lake Michigan. South of the Museum of Science and Industry and within walking distance of the University of Chicago, this will be a perfect place to attract football fans to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dallassss! Dallas due to fact they have a brand new stadium and won't have to worry bout building a new stadium. I love ginormous big screens for replay as well. Would have done the same anyways. Jerry and I think alike.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Mexico City metropolitan area contains a million more people than the NY Metropolitan area. meaning that not only can i fill a 104,000 seat stadium, but i have the instant ability to market products and apparel to 20.4 Million people, with little to no competition. not to mention the long flight will make for a great home field advantage, along with the 7,000 ft about sea level elevation that even the Broncos would have to get used to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im changing my city to Edmonton... We are going to play in the Commonwealth Stadium and the colors will be orange and blue... I have not yet thought of a team name yet, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete